Newhall (Elayon), California
A.B. Perkins wrote in 1954 that no photograph of Lyon's Station is known. We think this photo from his collection might be it, or part of it
he continued to collect photos until his death in 1977 but we can't be sure.
When the Lyon brothers took over the stagecoach stop in the 1870s, roughly where Eternal Valley Cemetery is today (we don't know the exact location of the station, either),
the area was known as Elayon. It would be another couple of years before Henry Mayo Newhall came along.
AP0111: 9600 dpi jpeg from copy print