Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

Civic Center Groundbreaking
Valencia, California

Los Angeles County 5th District Supervisor Warren M. Dorn presides at the Feb. 11, 1970, groundbreaking of the County Civic Center (then called the Newhall-Saugus-Valencia Administrative Center), located at the northwest corner of Valencia Boulevard and Magic Mountain Parkway. The administrative center was designed to include all major governmental services in one place: the Sheriff's station (which moved from San Fernando Road in 1972), the Valencia Regional Public Library, the Newhall Municipal Court (later Santa Clarita Superior Court), and other county offices such as the tax assessor and the probation department.


LW7001: 1200 dpi jpeg from original print
RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
  • Edwards Valencia
  • Edwards Cyn Ctry
  • Calendar
  • Freeway Conditions
  • Lowest Gas Prices
  • Canyon Theatre
  • The MAIN