Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

St. Francis Dam
San Francisquito Canyon

[Full View][Closeup of Dam][Closeup of Man]

Inside front cover photo from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster.

Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:

St. Francis Dam completed May 4, 1926.

The man in the photograph is not identified.

[Return to Text][Return to Photo Index]

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ] is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply