Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

St. Francis Dam: Inside, Empty
San Francisquito Canyon

[Full View][Closeup]

Photo No. 3 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster. (Two separate photos create panorama.) The demarcation between light and dark, running the length of the photo halfway between top and bottom, shows the water line before the dam broke.

Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:

No. 3 Bottom of empty Dam Site

From Plate II.

[Return to Text][Return to Photo Index]

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply