Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

St. Francis Dam: Concrete Blocks
San Francisquito Canyon

[Full View][Closeup]

Photo No. 4 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster. There is no shadow covering the top third of this photograph; rather, the dark area is vegetation left behind after the water coursed below it, denuding the base of the mountain.

Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:

No. 4 Large concrete block caried down stream 500 ft. from West side [of] Dam

From Plate II.

[Return to Text][Return to Photo Index]

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply