Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

St. Francis Dam: Castaic Junction
St. Francis Dam Disaster

[Full View][Closeup of Dredge][Closeup of Telegraph Linemen]

Photo No. 10 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster. Closeup telegraph linemen who are installing new poles and lines at Castaic Junction (intersection of today's State Route 126 and Interstate 5).

Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:

No. 10 Castaic Townsite!

From Plate IV.

[Return to Text][Return to Photo Index]

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply