Photo No. 12 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report
on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster.
"all that remains of the highway and railroad bridges over Castaic Valley Creek,
the piles on the latter being twisted off as though a giant had broken them
in the same manner that a small boy minus a pocket knife would break a twig off a tree."
Telegraph poles are newly reinstalled.
Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:
No. 12 Remains of S.P. and Highway bridges over Castaic Creek
From Plate V.