Photo No. 21 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report
on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster.
West of the decimated Edison Construction Camp, opposite the Blue Cut Promontory
on the south bank of the river, "the water seems to have attained its greatest
depth anywhere on the Ranch and as near as
we could judge it reached a height of something like 60 feet."
Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:
No. 21 South side of river opposite Blue Cut Promontory.
From Plate VII.