Initial 20-year agreement between the County of Los Angeles and the Santa Clarita Valley Historical Society for the installation and operation of the Southern Pacific Railroad's 1887
Saugus depot as a museum on the "Frew property" — the southern portion of Hart Park that is not governed by the restrictive terms of William S. Hart's will.
The Society incorporated in December 1975; its first major initiative was to save the Saugus Station, which was otherwise destined for the wrecking ball in 1979-1980. The Society
raised funds and moved it to Hart Park (Heritage Junction) on the night of June 24, 1980, three weeks after the Board of Superivsors approved this operating agreement (June 3, 1980).
At this time, the Society board of directors met in the Newhall-Saugus-Valencia Chamber of Commerce office, which was managed by Jo Anne Darcy. (The handwriting on the cover page is Darcy's.)
The chamber office building was the 1890 period Pardee House — which the Society would save and move to Heritage Junction in 1992. It stood at the triangular intersection of Newhall Avenue, Market and Walnut streets,
which would become Veterans Historical Plaza in 2006.
This operating agreement was subsequently modified and superseded.