Saugus Garage, circa 1920's
[VIEW 1][VIEW 2 PANORAMA]
Photograph of Saugus Garage, circa 1920's.
Saugus was named for the Massachusetts birthplace of local land owner Henry Mayo Newhall.
Also known as "Surrey," the town took shape in 1887 when the Saugus Train Station was erected at the approximate site of the old Newhall Depot. (The town
of Newhall and its depot were established in 1876 near the intersection of present-day San
Fernando Road and Magic Mountain Parkway. The town and depot picked up and moved two miles south, to Sixth Street
and Railroad Avenue, in January-February 1878.)
AL1925a: 9600 dpi jpeg from 300 dpi jpeg of original photographs, digital panoramic photomerge of two photographs
[ RETURN TO TOP ]
[ RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]
[ PHOTO CREDITS ]
[ BIBLIOGRAPHY ]
[ BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV
The site owner makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images.
However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only.
Any other kind of use, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format,
public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions
including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the site owner.
USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining
any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use.