Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> BRUNNER 1940 HISTORY INDEX   > S.C.V. HEALTHCARE   > NEWHALL

Office of Dentistry.


Office of Dentistry.
First office established 1930
By Dr. Whelan
Location One door north of Sheriff's office before the arrival of another dentist (Dr. Ross).
Source of information Mrs. M. Peters
Present office location In Newhall Community Hospital building
Established September 1, 1933
By Dr. Wm. D. Ross, D.D.S., B.S.
Present operator Same
Office equipped Most modernly
Practice Average


A new building is planned with location in the southwest corner of Sixth and Spruce Streets, Newahll[1], having dental education facilities.

Preventive dental education has been carried on by Dr. Ross from the first by talks at schools, literature dissemination, motion picture showing to P.T.A. groups and by the medium of the newspaper.

Underprivileged children below the age of twelve may avail themselves of the Dental Clinic at San Fernando Health Center, provided they have attended previous years successfully for inspection. This privilege was obtained for the Newhall school through the Newhall Kiwanis Club.

Source of information: Dr. Wm. D. Ross, D.D.S.

March 1940.


1. The 1,284-square-foot brick office building was erected in 1941 at what is now 24229 Main Street (SW corner 6th and Main, ex-Spruce). Ross shared it with Judge Arthur C. Miller, a prominent Newhall attorney and justice of the peace for Soledad Township.

WILLIAM D. ROSS, DDS

thumbnail
History: Newhall Dentistry (Brunner 1940)

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply