VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) Post 6885 at 27009 Sand Canyon Road, northwest corner of Sand Canyon and Sultus Street.
The structure started life in 1953 as the Rocky Springs Country Club, built by the colorful Hollywood nightclub owner Ace Cain.
Cain died May 18, 1973. The VFW bought the place and remained there for about 20 years until a dispute with the Sand Canyon Homeowners Association over excessive noise, "overnight camping"
and the lack of an operating permit compelled the Santa Clarita City Council to order the veterans out. A Superior Court judge upheld the decision. In 1993 the VFW sold the property for $295,000,
and the building was converted to a 3-plus-3 residence. The group moved to a 2.25-acre property that it purchased for about $200,000 at 16208 Sierra Highway, just up the street from the valley's other
foreign-war veterans, VFW Post 6110.
BW8706: 9600 dpi jpeg from original color transparency (slide film) by Bob Weber. Online only; City of Santa Clarita Collection.