Newhall Elementary School moved from Lyons Avenue to the corner of Walnut and Eleventh Streets in 1928 and burned down
on Valentines Day, 1939. It was the third time in the first 60 years of the Newhall School District that the one and only
public school in Newhall burned to the ground. (It was in different locations the other times.)
Further reading: History of Newhall School.