SaintFrancisDam.com
> ST. FRANCIS DAM DISASTER
Power House 2 Reconstruction Camp
San Francisquito Canyon

Click image to enlarge | Download archival scan

Crew members from the L.A. City Bureau of Power and Light (DWP predecessor) live in tents as they reconstruct Power House 2, which was destroyed when the St. Francis Dam broke just above it on March 12, 1928.

This 8x10-inch print is a bit later than this photograph, in that there are more tents, and the turbines at center-bottom have stopped spewing water.

The Power House 2 community is completely gone; it was at center-top.


HS7066: 9600 dpi jpeg from original 8x10 glossy print, SCV Historical Society collection. Stamped imprint on back indicates it was donated by Thomas E. McNeill of Valencia.
POWERHOUSE 2 RECONSTRUCTION

thumbnail

Rigging Temp. Power

thumbnail

Job Site

thumbnail

Generators & Penstocks

thumbnail

Photo Gallery

thumbnail

Construction Camp

thumbnail

Construction Camp

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
comments powered by Disqus