1955 (presumably April 8 like this one) —
Newhall natural gas metering station, located near the southwest corner of Pine Street and Newhall Avenue (formerly called San Fernando Road).
Caption from the California Historical Society reads:
"A row of thick, shining pipes sits in the foreground, delving into the ground at right.
Each is connected to the metering station behind it, a small shed-like structure with metering devices on its inner wall.
Behind the metering station, at right, stand five tall vessels, with pipes that stretch down to connect to a maze of piping.
Behind the station stands a house-like structure. Lines from utility poles stream through the background, and a line of trees
appears in the distance, at right. A large tree casts its shadow over the soil in the foreground, framing the photograph at left.
Photoprint reads: For gas received from San Joaquin Valley and some coastal areas, metered here and sent to Los Angeles."