Pep Club Officers, Hart High School, 1957-58.
From left: Jenny Dillenbeck, President; Kathy Scannell, Treasurer;
Etta Cunningham, Secretary; Joan Mack, Vice President.
Photo from the 1958 Tomahawk yearbook, page 64. Text reads:
The Pep Club, this year, has been busily engaged in promoting school spirit. Car parades, posters, and cheering sections
were but just a few of the activities planned to accomplish their aim. Credit can also be given to these girls
for organizing and presenting the first halftime parade at Hart. They have put out a great effort and well deserve
the thanks that Hart has to offer.
About Hart High:
Hart High students were housed in 1945 on the Walnut Street campus of Newhall Elementary while the school was being built one block to the west. The
new campus opened in September 1946, and it was the Santa Clarita Valley's only high school until 1968 when Canyon High opened. From the 1940s to 1968, students came to Hart from all
over the SCV. (Agua Dulce was split down the middle; kids on the east side went to high school in the Antelope Valley.)