Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> ST. FRANCIS DAM
Power House No. 2 and Clubhouse
San Francisquito Canyon


Click image to enlarge

Power House No. 2 in San Francisquito Canyon, 1927. The wooden structure is the community clubhouse. The unidentified woman in the automobile might be the same person seen in this photograph.

The photographs below, from Jason Brice, show the same area in 2014.


Above: The spot where the clubhouse stood is eroded away.


Above: Red arrows indicate abandoned pipes which may have been water lines to the clubhouse.


Above: Another view of the clubhouse, from Jason Brice. Click image to enlarge.


LW2714: 19200 dpi jpeg from Automobile Club of Southern California collection in the University of Southern California Digital Library, Call No.: Negative Box 58 (8145-G).
POWER HOUSE 2
Pre-Disaster

thumbnail
Boilers ~1926

thumbnail
~1926

thumbnail
w/ Clubhouse 1927

thumbnail
January 1928

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
  • Edwards Valencia
  • Edwards Cyn Ctry
  • Calendar
  • Freeway Conditions
  • Lowest Gas Prices
  • Canyon Theatre
  • The MAIN