Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

Quarter-Circle G Branding Iron

Blum Ranch | Acton, California

Quarter-Circle G branding iron from the Blum Ranch, 31880 Aliso Canyon Road, Acton. Believed to have been registered to homesteader George Blum Sr. (1861-1932); awaiting official verification. (Per his great-granddaughter Terry Billet Martin, daughter of Elizabeth Blum Billet at Ray Billet.)

The Blum family maintained a small herd of milk cows during (at least) the first half of the 20th Century.

Branding iron obtained in the summer of 2019 from Elizabeth Billet by her friend and neighbor Paulette Tcherkassky (seen in second photo) and kept at Paulette and Michael Tcherkassky's ranch in Acton.

Further reading: The Blum Ranch Story, 1891-1991.


LW3800: Download individual images here. Photos by Leon Worden, 2/29/2020.
RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
comments powered by Disqus