Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

St. Francis Dam: Concrete Blocks
San Francisquito Canyon

[Full View][Closeup]

Photo No. 5 from The Newhall Land and Farming Co.'s March 24, 1928 report on the March 12-13 St. Francis Dam Disaster. This photograph is a double exposure. The house is not in the same location as these concrete blocks, nor would the house appear to be this big. The arrow points to the same concrete block as is shown in the center of photograph No. 4.

Original caption by Almer M. Newhall reads as follows:

No. 5 Several concrete blocks.

From Plate II.

[Return to Text][Return to Photo Index]

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply