(Original) map showing The Newhall Land and Farming's Co.'s property and the St. Francis Dam and reservoir site, from Newhall Land's
"Report on St. Francis Dam Flood" dated March 24, 1928.
Newhall Land's property is hand-colored by Almer M. Newhall, who completed
the report (Almer was assistant to the president, George A. Newhall Jr.).
The site of the Edison camp at Kemp, where 84 of the ~150 linemen died when the floodwaters hit on March 13, 1928, is noted in red.
The underlying map dates from October 1924 and is titled, "Map of San Francisco Ranch Showing Site of Proposed Reservoir
for the City & County of Los Angeles" [sic; the dam and reservoir were City of L.A.-only]. Harmon S. Bonte, engineer.
Here, the dam and reservoir area is outlined (by the Newhalls) in red at upper right.
This map measures 11x16 inches and has a waxy finish as if coated to protect the colorizing, which appears to be executed in colored pencil or wax pencil.