Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> RANCHO CAMULOS

Rancho Camulos Historic Image File (Photocopies).
Screenshots from D.W. Griffith's 1910 "Ramona."


D.W. Griffith's 1910 screen adaptation of Helen Hunt Jackson's 1884 classic novel, "Ramona," was the first film known to have been shot in the Santa Clarita Valley. Mary Pickford stars in the title rôle.

Filming took place April 1 and 2, 1910, in the town of Piru and at nearby Rancho Camulos, which served as the archetype for locations and several of the people in Jackson's novel. Thanks to "Hollywood," we have a cinematic record of how Camulos appeared in April 1910.

Note: The original image file consists of photocopies.


Download pdf here.
RANCHO CAMULOS HISTORIC IMAGE FILES (Photocopies)

thumbnail

Chapel, Fountain, Winery, Bunkhouse, Small Adobe, Railroad

thumbnail

Del Valles

thumbnail

"Ramona" (1910) Screenshots

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
comments powered by Disqus
  • Calendar