"The employee's camp adjoining the Lang mine property," n.d. From the Borax Collection, Death Valley National Park, National Park Service, Cat. No. LAN15A.
Located in Tick Canyon at Davenport Road between Sierra Highway and Agua Dulce, the Sterling Borax mine was active from 1908-1921. The area was known by its nearest railhead — Lang —
which was almost due south of the employees' camp as the crow flies (or as the tracks run).
The tailings are still visible along Davenport Road; the camp is gone, but some of the dwellings still exist.
Read about the mining operation here.
sw_lan15a: 9600 dpi jpeg from this tiff image
courtesy of Stan Walker.