This plat map of downtown Newhall, dated 1889, pinpoints the location of the Southern Pacific Railroad's Newhall depot
at the northeast corner of Railroad Avenue and Market Street. Spruce Street, one block to the west, was realigned in the 1920s
and became San Fernando Road (renamed "Main Street" in 2007). Tenth Street, also known as Pico Road, became Lyons Avenue.
The map also shows the layout of the Southern Hotel across three parcels at the southwest corner of Railroad Avenue and Market Street. The hotel burned down two years earlier.