Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> CASTAIC   > ROADS
Trueblood Roadside Rest
Castaic, California


Click image to enlarge

Trueblood Roadside Rest, Castaic, 1960s.

Trueblood's Roadside Rest (as in Signal newspaper owner Fred Trueblood) was a 5.94-acre rest stop in Castaic, located along the east side of Highway 99 at Elizabeth Lake Canyon Road.

This area, and particularly the roads, were heavily altered when the Castaic Reservoir went in. Today this section of Elizabeth Lake Canyon Road is called Castaic Road, and the location would be identified as across the street (across Castaic Road) from L.A. County's Castaic Sports Complex.

See this location in 2017.



Detail. Click to enlarge.



3D Google view of the same area, February 2017.



2D Google view of the same area, February 2017.


CP6001: 9600 dpi jpeg from [other jpeg].
TRUEBLOOD FAMILY

thumbnail

Fred Sr. 1890-1960

thumbnail

Bobbie's Story

thumbnail

Legacy: Gus Trueblood

thumbnail

Trueblood's
Roadside Rest

thumbnail

Site of Trueblood's Roadside Rest 2017

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply