Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> PIRU
Lechler Adobe, aka Honey House
Piru, California

Click image to enlarge.

Lechler Adobe, aka Honey House, seen in 1975. Security National Bank Collection in Los Angeles Public Library.

LAPL description:

View of the Lechler Adobe, also known as the Honey House, built in 1876 by George Washington Lechler as a honey extract house. The two-story adobe was built on the side of a mountain upon several acres of land that used to be part of the Rancho Temescal, located somewhere near Oak Canyon Road and Lechler Canyon Road, just southeast of Lake Piru. Lechler's son, William Wallace Lechler, converted the Honey House into a honeymoon cottage upon his marriage. The house, owned by the Lechler family, still stands today and may be accessed by Hasley Canyon or Piru Canyon Roads, though is not open to the public. The Lechler family first settled in this area in the 1860s.



Click image to enlarge.



Relevant section of 1900 U.S. Census. Click image to enlarge.


LA7501: 9600 dpi jpeg. Online only.
LECHLERS OF PIRU

thumbnail

SCVTV | Points of Interest

thumbnail

George Lechler Story 1902

thumbnail

1876 Lechler Adobe

thumbnail

Postcard, Business Card

thumbnail

Wooden Nickel Advert

Lechler Museum Collection Headed for Auction Block (8/2000)


RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
comments powered by Disqus