Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

Paul, Renaud, Andre Veluzat
Owners, Melody Ranch | Placerita Canyon


Click image to enlarge

thumbnail
Main Street

thumbnail
Prop House

The three owners of the Melody Ranch Motion Picture Studio in Placerita Canyon: Paul T. Velzuat, center; sons Renaud (left) and Andre (right), in front of the prop house in 1997.

Following the devastating 1962 fire that burned down most of the buildings at Melody Ranch, Gene Autry and his wife, Jackie, began selling off pieces of the 110-acre property in Placerita Canyon. The last 10 acres, where the buildings had stood, went on the market in November 1990. Patriarch Paul T. Veluzat and sons Renaud and Andre Veluzat, who owned other Santa Clarita Valley movie properties including a large movie ranch in Haskell Canyon and a motion picture vehicle rental business, bought the property and began rebuilding Melody Ranch to its former glory. Today the ranch is once again alive with feature, television, commercial and video filming. For 20 years, from 1994-2014, it was the main venue for the city of Santa Clarita's annual Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival (aka Cowboy Festival).

Paul T. Veluzat hailed from Kentucky and came to Newhall around 1939. He took vitamins every day of his adult life and lived to age 101.


LW2062b: 9600 dpi jpeg from original print, photo by James Fors ©1997 Old Town Newhall Gazette (SCVTV).
MELODY RANCH CATEGORIES:
• 1952-1962 Pre-Fire
• 1962 Fire
• 1962-1990 Post-Fire
• Veluzat Era 1991—

MELODY RANCH
Veluzat Era 1991—

thumbnail

thumbnail

Watch

thumbnail

Walk of Western Stars Induction 2017

thumbnail

Autry Visits 1991

thumbnail

Construction ~1991

thumbnail

Last Man Standing 1996

thumbnail

Owners 1997

thumbnail

"Holes" 2003 x3

thumbnail

"Westworld" 2016—

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply