Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> ESTANCIA   > RANCHO SAN FRANCISCO   > CASTAIC JUNCTION
Location of Estancia & Milk House
Castaic Junction, California


Click image to enlarge

Detail from panoramic photograph of Castaic Junction on March 18, 1928, showing flood damage from the St. Francis Dam. Published in Charles Outland's "Man-Made Disaster" (1963/77). Shown is the location of the milk house, which still stood (at left); and the estancia, or Mission outpost, which was in ruins (identified here as an asistencia, or sub-mission, which it probably wasn't).

Today, Interstate 5 would be in the foreground and Highway 126 would run off to the right.


LW2579: 19200 dpi jpeg from book page.
ESTANCIA DE SAN FRANCISCO XAVIER
at Castaic Junction

thumbnail

Location 1928

thumbnail

Ruins

thumbnail

Roof Tiles x2

Perkins Description


RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply