Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> ST. FRANCIS DAM DISASTER
St. Francis Floodpath
San Francisquito Canyon


Click image to enlarge

The canyons about a mile below the St. Francis Dam, according to a description accompanying this image at U.C. Riverside.

Stereoscopic view on glass plate negatives. Keystone-Mast Collection.

Date unknown; probably shot at the same time as this image, at least a year after the dam break of March 1928.

Photographer unknown, although the name Gifford M. Mast is associated with this image, at U.C. Riverside.


LW2743: 19200 dpi jpeg from image digitized with funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities. Source noted above; Catalog No. 1996.0009.KU87214.
ST. FRANCIS FLOODPATH

thumbnail

Geology (Elizondo 1953)

thumbnail

thumbnail

San Francisquito Cyn.

thumbnail

Just Below Dam

thumbnail

San Francisquito Cyn.

thumbnail

Ruiz Cemetery Area

thumbnail

Lower S.F. Canyon

thumbnail

Castaic Junction x3

thumbnail

3 mi. West of Castaic Junction

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply