The Perkins Building under construction at 22508 W. 6th Street, Newhall, from February to May 1956.
Real estate developer-historian-writer Arthur Buckingham "A.B." Perkins maintained his own office in the building and leased the balance to The Signal newspaper,
which occupied it until 1986 when the paper moved to a new plant at 24000 Creekside Road, Valencia, where it installed a big Goss Urbanite printing press.
The Perkins Bulding, aka Perkins Court, is actually a series of office spaces, as shown here, arranged in a "U" configuration with an inner courtyard-walkway. The wood exteriors were painted
brick red; thus the nickname, "red Signal buildings." The Signal's front office was the space fronting 6th Street at left (east).
Digital photos of original prints made in 2008 when the Richard Perkins estate went up for sale. Current owner and whereabouts of original prints unknown.
LW3522: Digital images by Leon Worden, 2008. Download individual images here