Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> PICO CANYON-MENTRYVILLE
Felton Schoolhouse
Pico Canyon | Mentryville
Felton School
Click image to enlarge


Click to enlarge.

The Felton Schoolhouse at Mentryville, 1961. National Park Service photograph.

When this photograph was purportedly made, the Alton Manzer family was living in the Big House at Mentryville (1960-1966).

The inscription on the back of this photograph isn't quite right. Pico No. 4 became California's first commerically productive oil well in 1876, not 1880. And to the best of our knowledge, the Felton School was erected in 1885, not 1880.

Pico No. 4 — actually "Well No. 4, Pico Canyon Oil Field" — is a National Historic Landmark, which would explain why this photograph is in the archives of the National Park Service.


NP6102: 9600 jpg from .pdf
FELTON SCHOOL
Mentryville

thumbnail

School & Dance Hall

thumbnail

1929 Movie (Mult.)

thumbnail

1939

Patricia Westcott Kelly's Felton School Memories


thumbnail

NPS 1961

thumbnail

1974-1975

thumbnail

2006

thumbnail

Sen. Felton on Chinese Exclusion Act 1892

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
comments powered by Disqus