Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

Telephone Progress

Since its establishment on July 12, 1900, the Newhall telephone exchange has grown from one telephone to 100 telephones and, during the past few years, has undergone rapid growth, according to M.M. Perret, manager of The Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company. During 1926, 24 telephones were added to Newhall's telephone system, a net gain of 43.64 per cent.

Newhall had only one telephone until 1911, when a second telephone was installed. In 1912 it had 3 telephones; in 1913, 2; 1914, 2, 1915, 3; 1916, 3; 1917, 5; 1918, 18; 1919, 13; 1920, 15; 1921, 27; 1922, 31; 1923, 42; 1924, 48; 1925, 57; 1926, 74.


©1927 THE SIGNAL · USED BY PERMISSION · ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
  • Edwards Valencia
  • Edwards Cyn Ctry
  • Calendar
  • Freeway Conditions
  • Lowest Gas Prices
  • Canyon Theatre
  • The MAIN