Photograph of Power House No. 1 taken November 1, 1915 showing a portion of the penstock installed.
On reverse of photograph:
This is OUR Power House No.1
This remarkable photograph shows the first of the aqueduct power plants, fifteen miles north of Saugus in the San Francisquito Canyon. It can supply 69,000 horsepower, or about 50 per cent more than the total present electrical consumption for all purposes in the city, with the exception of street car lines. It is one of twelve plants with a total of 165,000 met horsepower, a quantity sufficient for all light and power purposes for a city three times as large as Los Angeles is at present. This power could afford the city a net income of $5,000,000 per year, or 10 per cent on a capitilization of $50,000,000.