- Original Newhall Walk of Western Stars monument sign at 5th Street and San Fernando Road, with Moore's Submarine Sandwich shop in background.
Called "Western Walk of Fame" until the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce sued for trademark infringement.
- San Fernando Road, looking south. Previously called Spruce Street, later Main Street.
- Way Station Coffee Shop, 9th Street and San Fernando Road.
- Chamber of Commerce welcome sign on San Fernando Road (later called Newhall Avenue, south of the downtown). It was the Newhall-Saugus-Valencia Chamber of Commerce (Canyon Country
had its own chamber until it merged in 1995), but
it started using the name "Santa Clarita Valley Chamber" informally around this time.
- William S. Hart Mansion (William S. Hart Museum).
- Bunk house at William S. Hart Regional Park, below the mansion.
- Southern Pacific Railroad's Saugus Depot at Heritage Junction Historic Park inside William S. Hart Park. Not to be confused with the Newhall depot, which was long gone,
the Saugus depot was moved to this location in 1980.
Photos circa 1987 (before December 1987) by Bob Weber.
BW8705: Download original images here
. Bob Weber Collection; online only.