Jo Anne Darcy Photo Album
JD2001 - Railroad Avenue and Market Street, ~1918-1920.
JD1901 - Tom Mix and "Wonder Horse" Tony, Newhall, 1919.
JD4001 - Tom Mix Studio Cottage, Today's Main Street, n.d. (1940s?)
JD4801 - Newhall Old West Fourth of July Celebration Program, 1948
JD6801 - Matchbooks from Darcy's '49er Saloon
JD6874 - Acton Fourth of July Parade 1968
JD7001 - Jo Anne Darcy at the Acton '49er, August 1970
JD7002 - 'Old Tom' Bucklee at the Acton '49er, 10-9-1970
JD7101 - Acton Turkey War with Dick Whittington, 1971
JD7102 - Acton Turkey War with Dick Whittington, 1971
JD7103 - Acton Turkey War with Dick Whittington, 1971
JD7104 - Acton Turkey War with Dick Whittington, 1971
STORY - Shootout at Darcy's (1972) by Jo Anne Darcy, The Acton Rooster 1991
JD7201 - Shootout at the '49er: Antelope Valley Press, Dec. 1972 (oversized)
JD7202 - Shootout at the '49er: The Signal, December 1972
JD7501 - Program Book: N-S-V Chamber Salute to Montie Montana, 10-30-1975 (WOWS Predecessor).
JD7902 - Photo Gallery: Open House at Mentryville, 12-9-1979
JD7901 - Jo Anne Darcy Serves Punch for Historical Society Event at Mentryville, 12-9-1979
JD8001 - Abandoned SPRR Saugus Depot Prior to Move, Multiple Images, 4-17-1980
JD8002 - Press Release: Supervisors Approve SPRR Saugus Depot Move to Hart Park, 6-3-1980
Initial County Contract for Operation of Heritage Junction, 1980
JD8003 - Program Book: 1980 SCVCC Western Celebrities Dinner (Walk of Western Stars Predecessor)
JD8201 - Walk of Western Stars: Tex Ritter (John Ritter accepting), 1982
JD8301 - Photo Gallery: Enrobing Ceremony for New Judge H. Keith Byram, 2-2-1983.
JD8302 - Program Book: 1983 Downtown Newhall Western Walk of Fame.
JD8402 - Program Book: 1984 Downtown Newhall Western Walk of Fame.
JD8401 - Walk of Western Stars: Dennis Weaver, 1984
JD8501 - Walk of Western Stars: Jimmy Stewart Regrets, 1985
JD8502 - Program Book: 1985 Downtown Newhall Western Walk of Fame (Autographed).
JD8701 - Program Book: 1987 Downtown Newhall Western Walk of Fame (Autographed).
JD9002 - Photo Gallery: President George H.W. Bush Dedicates North County Correctional Facility, 3-1-1990
JD9001 - Walk of Western Stars: Cliffie Stone, 1990
JD9101 - Melody Ranch Under Construction, Mike Antonovich Visits, Photo Gallery, ~1991
SC9501 - Official City of Santa Clarita Potrait, ~1995
LW2102 - Jo Anne Darcy's Walk of Stars Plaque Unveiled, 3-30-2001
JD1801 - Jo Anne Darcy Collection: 5 Glass & Ceramic Telephone & Telegraph Insulators
JD1802 - Jo Anne Darcy Collection: 10 Antique Glass Bottles
[City of Santa Clarita 1998] —
Attended Los Angeles City College, one year. Santa Monica City College, 1½ years. University of Colorado, Long Beach College, El Camino College, UCLA, USC, CSUN, Mills College and various classes and seminars as well as UC Davis.
A resident of Santa Clarita for over 23 years, Jo Anne Darcy is widowed, with 4 children and 7 grandchildren.
- Senior Deputy to Board of Supervisors (15 years).
- Present Councilwoman (since 12/15/87). Mayor (1990 and 1994).
- Former small business owner / operator (7 years).
- Accredited / experienced Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President / Manager (7 years).
- Professional Executive Assistant to Vice President of Fortune 500 company major corporation (13 years).
- Appointed to California State Film Commission in 1989 by Governor Deukmajian, reappointed in 1993 by Governor Pete Wilson.
- Actively participated in filming activities in Acton, Agua Dulce, Newhall, Saugus, Valencia, Val Verde and Castaic since 1970.
- Chaired original film committee of Newhall-Saugus-Valencia Chamber of Commerce and Acton Chamber of Commerce from 1974-1980.
- College of the Canyons Special Task Force on Small Business (1990-1991).
- 1992 Chairperson for the Santa Clarita Valley Small Business Development Center Business Survival Committee.
- Santa Clarita Valley Regional Vocation Education Council (1982/1991).
- Elected President 1994, President Elect 1993, former Director, 1st and 2nd Vice President of Independent Cities Association Board (50 Cities) 1990/1991, Programs & Conference Committee 1991, and 1992 to present, Legislative Chairperson and 1993 Special Events Chairperson, Chairperson 1994 Winter Conference.
- Chairperson, City of Santa Clarita Entrepreneurial Library Council 1995.
- Santa Clarita Valley Special Task Force on Library enhancement 1989-1991.
- Founding Officer of the Friends of the Libraries of SCV in 1978.
- Member C.H.I.S.S., Consumer Housing Information Services for Seniors (1989-1990).
- Elected Director Santa Clarita Redevelopment Agency, 1991, reelected 1992-1995.
- Appointed Santa Clara River Plan Task Force 1993, Tri-Cities Liaison Group 1993 and Ventura council of Governments Sub-Region Delegate 1993 to present.
- Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce Legislative Committee Member (1991-1995).
- CCCA appointed to committee from 1991-1993.
- Elected to City of Santa Clarita Public Finance Authority. Treasurer and Director 1991-1995.
- League of California Cities Traffic Reduction and Free Flow Interagency Committees Growth Management & Regional Issue Committee 1992-1993.
- Director of L.A. County Sanitation Board District 32 & 26, 1998-1991 and 1994-1995.
- Founder / Officer /Member of many organizations representing business, environmental, transportation, educational, philanthropic and community issues. Experienced President / Chairperson, administrator, delegate and member of numerous councils, associations and committees in county, state and local government.
- Co-chaired and is Executive Director of the Western Walk of Fame and Newhall Walk of Western Stars, 1981 - present.
- Member of California Country Music Association, 1985 - present.
- Zonta Club of SCV (International Women's Organization) Founding Officer, Past President, member 1978 - present.
- Founding Member SCV Zonta Club Kids program 1993.
- 1991 Chairperson Status of Women Committee, Zonta International.
- Founding Honorary Director SCV Mobile Dental Clinic Association (1993-1994).
- SCV Historical Society Founding Member, Secretary 1988-1989, member since 1985.
- Association to Aid Victims of Domestic Violence, Founding Member.
- Santa Clarita Valley American Heart Association Celebrity Waiter and Past President 1991.
- Chairperson Santa Clarita Valley Benefit Wine Auction 1991-1993, benefiting SCV Senior Center's Meals on Wheels Program.
- Appointed Director of SCV Arts Council from 1993-1995.
- SCV Professional Referrals Organization (PROS), 1993.
- Honorary Member Kiwanis Club of Newhall-Saugus and Santa Clarita Valley (1995).
In the past 25 years Jo Anne Darcy has worked with over 30 community groups and service organizations covering a gamut of issues from Area on Aging, Environmental, Planning, Infrastructure, Water Conservation, Filming, Business, Strategic Planning, Transportation, Legislation, Economic Development, Child Care, Youth Programs, Senior Citizen's Affairs, Housing and Vocation Education for students and Women and Family Values Commission.
- "Woman of the Year" award from the SCV Chamber of Commerce in 1984.
- "Outstanding Woman" award from the Soroptomists in 1986.
- "Founder's Award" from Zonta Club of SCV in 1986.
- First woman to receive "Citizen of the Year Award" in 1990 from Santa Clarita Elks Lodge.
- "Appreciation Award" from Newhall Rotary for community service.
- "Founder's Service Award" from Western Walk of Fame and SCV Walk of Western Stars in 1990.
- American Heart Association Continuing Service Award in 1991.
- "Appreciation Award" for earthquake services to Crescent Valley Mobile home Park in 1994.
- Honoree of Sterling Who's Who Executive Edition for City Leadership in 1994.
- "Woman of the Year" award from I-ADARP in 1994.
- "Appreciation Award" from American Legion Newhall-Saugus Post 507 (1994).
- Award of Merit from American Legion (1994).
- Award from Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital Trauma Center Support Group (1994).
- Honorary Elk of the Year (1994).
- Community Partnership / Business Partnership award for dedication to youth at risk.
- Outstanding "Woman of the Year" for SCV Senior Center and Committee on Aging.
- "1995 Independent Cities Association of California President's Achievement Award."
Jo Anne Darcy has received many other awards and certificates for outstanding service to the community over the past 23 years.