• Gladys Thibaudeau (married name Laney) born July 16, 1910, at home at the southwest corner of Market Street and Newhall Avenue (now a senior apartment complex); still lives on Market Street.
• Remembers the opening of the Los Angeles Aqueduct in November 1913.
• Attended the third Newhall School, which faced Pico Road (now Lyons) west of Newhall Avenue.
• Actor Tom Mix lived across the street (probably on Walnut Street); Gladys observed Tom purchasing his wonder horse, Tony, on the Thibaudeau property.
Tom used the Thibaudeau property for filming.
• Attended dances at the dance hall in Mentryville and Hap-A-Lan Hall in Newhall, before the latter was used as a morgue for St. Francis Dam victims in 1928.
• Burials on the Needham Ranch outside of the current Eternal Valley Cemetery property; graves later moved to the Pioneer Cemetery (Garden of Pioneers) at Eternal Valley.