Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> NEWHALL
First Mass, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church
Newhall, California

Sunday, August 13, 1961, 6:30 a.m. — Fr. Henry Banks, assisted by altar boy Gary Lombardi, distributes small crosses made of palm leaf strips to congregants as part of the Blessing of the Plams during the first Mass held at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in its new location at 23233 Lyons Avenue in Newhall.

In attendance was Cardinal McIntyre (James Francis Aloysius McIntyre, Archbishop of Los Angeles from 1948-1970).

Further reading: OLPH Catholic Church: Rooted in History, Looking to Future.


OLPH081361: 9600 dpi jpeg from microfilm.
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC CHURCH, Newhall

History to 1940


OLPH: Rooted in History, Looking to Future


thumbnail

2nd OLPH x3

thumbnail

First Mass in 3rd Church 1961

thumbnail

Pam Bordelon, OLPH School 1967

thumbnail

Christmas Parade Entry 1973

thumbnail

Demolition:
24713 Arcadia x3

thumbnail

Renderings 2012 x2

thumbnail

Groundbreaking 10/2012 x2

thumbnail

2017 School Yearbook

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply