Newhall Fourth of July Parade, 1946. Unidentified parade entry passes in front of Clymore Ford (Clymore Motors), which had been Doty Ford and which eventually became
Magic Ford, which moved to Creekside Road in Valencia in the 1970s. In 1946 it had a three-digit address and the street name was Spruce; as of 2013 the address is
24254 Main Street and the old showroom houses a private car collection with the business name, The Source.
Photo courtesy of Patricia Westcott Kelly, originally of Mentryville (1933-1941), then of Newhall. She obtained the photo from her sister-in-law Annette (Kelly) Birkbigler and
Mary Louise Williams. Patricia writes: "The Kellys lived in the back adobe house on Melody Ranch, as their dad was a guard, about the Korean War time."