Newhall Fourth of July Parade, 1946. Unidentified parade entry passes in front of Western Auto, which is next door to Clymore Ford, which is out of frame immediately to the right,
on Spruce Street (later called San Fernando Road, then Main Street) between Market Street (to the left) and 6th Street (to the right).
Photo courtesy of Patricia Westcott Kelly, originally of Mentryville (1933-1941), then of Newhall. She obtained the photo from her sister-in-law Annette (Kelly) Birkbigler and
Mary Louise Williams. Patricia writes: "The Kellys lived in the back adobe house on Melody Ranch, as their dad was a guard, about the Korean War time."