Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> FOURTH OF JULY PARADE   > DOWNTOWN NEWHALL
Fourth of July Parade 1946
Newhall, California


Click image to enlarge

Newhall Fourth of July Parade, 1946. Betsy-Linda Stock Farm entry passes in front of the 5-10-25 Cent Store at the southeast corner of Spruce and Market Streets. This section of Spruce Street became San Fernando Road in the 1950s, then Main Street in 2007. As of 2013, the 5-10-25 Cent Store is El Trocadero Mexican Restaurant.

Photo courtesy of Patricia Westcott Kelly, originally of Mentryville (1933-1941), then of Newhall. She obtained the photo from her sister-in-law Annette (Kelly) Birkbigler and Mary Louise Williams. Patricia writes: "The Kellys lived in the back adobe house on Melody Ranch, as their dad was a guard, about the Korean War time."


PW4603e: 19200 dpi jpeg from copy print.
NEWHALL FOURTH OF JULY PARADE 1946

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply