Newhall Fourth of July Parade, 1946. Unidentified parade entry passes in front of Western Auto and Clymore Ford (Clymore Motors), on Spruce Street (later called San Fernando Road, then Main Street) between Market Street (to the left) and 6th Street (to the right).
Clymore Ford had been Doty Ford; it eventually became Magic Ford, which moved the dealership to Creekside Road in Valencia in the 1970s.
Photo courtesy of Patricia Westcott Kelly, originally of Mentryville (1933-1941), then of Newhall. She obtained the photo from her sister-in-law Annette (Kelly) Birkbigler and
Mary Louise Williams. Patricia writes: "The Kellys lived in the back adobe house on Melody Ranch, as their dad was a guard, about the Korean War time."