Carl Boyer III (b. September 22, 1937). Resident of Newhall.
Santa Clarita City Council member, 1987-1998. Mayor in 1991 and 1996.
[City of Santa Clarita 1998] —
Carl Boyer was elected to the first City Council of Santa Clarita in 1987, and has since been re-elected twice.
In 1991 he served as the Mayor of the City of Santa Clarita. A highlight during his tenure as Mayor was exercising with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Carl Boyer has always been a community activist. He has worked with several organizations including the Canyon County Formation Committee for five years and then the City Formation Committee.
- Served as an elected official on the Community College Board from 1973 to 1981.
- Served on the Castaic Lake Water Agency from 1982 to 1984.
- Treasurer of Healing the Children California.
- Earned a B.A. degree in History from Trinity University, 1959.
- Earned a Masters degree in Education from the University of Cincinnati, 1962.
- Studied at Edinburgh University in Scotland, 1956-57.
Carl Boyer has been a resident of the Santa Clarita Valley for almost 30 years. He is married to his wife, Chris, and they have three daughters and a granddaughter. Carl has written many books on family history.