Santa Clarita Valley Land Company
Belt buckle issued by the Santa Clarita Valley Land Company, 1981. 4⅜x3¼ in., 11.64 oz. A faint inscription on the back reads, "MDM/1981."
We don't know much about it, but an entity named Santa Clarita Valley Land Company was incorporated in 1978 by Peter R. Clemens and William R. Willard, both of Iron Canyon/Sand Canyon, and Ivan W. Arnold of Valencia.
Willard was an L.A. County fire captain who joined the department in 1954.
The Land Company was one of several corporations formed by Clemens and Willard, with or without other partners, in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Another was Crown Enterprise, which might refer to Crown Valley Road in Acton; another, in 1983, was Sierra View Ltd. A decade later, advertising started for the Sierra View Apartments at Crown Valley Road and the 14 Freeway in Acton.
If you know of a connection or have more information, please leave it in the comment section below.
1. Public notice, The Signal, December 1, 1978.
2. "Captaincy for Fireman," The Signal, March 3, 1971.
3. Public notice, The Signal, May 19, 1982.
4. Public notice, The Signal, November 2, 1983.
5. See for example The Signal, July 29, 1993, and November 19, 1993.
LW3904: Belt buckle purchased 2023 by Leon Worden. SCVHS 2002.2023.003