Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures
> HONBY   > CANYON COUNTRY
Honby School Staff, 1974-75
Saugus Union School District


Click image to enlarge

Staff of Honby (Elementary) School, 1974-1975.

The Saugus Union School District opened the K-6 Honby School campus in 1963 in the new North Oaks community. It was (and is) located east of Whites Canyon Road at 19059 Vicci St., bordered on the north by Pleasantdale Street.

In 1991, the school was transfered to the Sulphur Springs Union School District and renamed Canyon Springs Community School.

Identifications

Front row, second from left in the yellow blouse is Sarah Grady (per Myrna Litt).

Front row, center, is the principal, Mr. Blankenship (per John McGee, who remembers he had a wooden paddle named Betsy).

Front row, second from right is Miss Frances; she was Mr. Collins' teacher assistant (per John McGee).

Middle row, fourth from left is Mrs. Fixler(?) (per John McGee).

Middle row, fifth from left is Mrs. Kerr(?) (per John McGee).

Middle row, third from right is Mr. Collins (per Jeff Selph and John McGee).

Middle row, second from right is Mrs. Hamper(?) (per John McGee).

Middle row, far right is Mr. Brazil, maintenance (per Kar-ron Wood).

Top row, third from left is Esther Mae Barnes (per Gary Bower; and her daughters, Alison Barnes and Leslie Troncale).

Top row, center, the tall man is Mr. McDonald (per John McGee).

Top row, fourth from right is Mrs. Thomas (per Jeff Selph).


OX7401: 9600 dpi jpeg courtesy of Joan Oxman. Online image only.

thumbnail

Honby Locator

1st HONBY SCHOOL

thumbnail

Student Body 1938

thumbnail

Student Body 1939

thumbnail

Structures ~1960s

2nd HONBY SCHOOL
Canyon Springs Elem.

thumbnail

Staff 1974-75

thumbnail

6th Grade 1974-75

thumbnail

Cookbook ~1970s-80s

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply